Ready to build your first ecommerce site? Here are the best and most user-friendly ecommerce website builder options to keep in mind!
Preparing to build your first ecommerce site? You already know what kind of features to use? All that is left for you to do is find a great ecommerce website builder.
Choosing an ecommerce website builder will have a huge impact on your overall experience, as well as, on your customers’ experience.
There are a lot of different ecommerce site builders and a lot of them are reliable and secure. Most of them are not easy to use and usually require expert skills or experience to create a website.
Worry not as in this article, we will present to you the best and most user-friendly ecommerce website builder options. These website builders will help you create your own site in a short period of time without sacrificing functionality or quality:
- Shopify – Shopify is our number one recommendation. Why? Well, because it has a powerful combination of an intuitive navigation and easy-to-use interface. With this tool, you can not only create a website that you have visually envisioned but you can also make sure that all those features you want are included. You want to have UGC display to help you sell more? No problem, you’ve got that! You want to have an accounting tool? No problem, as you got that as well. Product management and uploading items is easy and simpler. You can set sales prices, categories, and so much more without a hassle. This is not a typical website builder. Shopify also has an ecommerce management platform which means that you can purchase a domain and host your website directly through Shopify.
- Weebly – Another great ecommerce website builder to check out. This website builder uses a drag-and-drop technology. The customization is the only downside Weebly has. This sometimes puts a lot of pressure on finding and choosing the right theme so you need to make sure that you find the perfect one that has all the design layout and features you want. The thing we like about this tool is that there are a lot of great features to use. There are also integrations available for social media and some marketing tools.
- BigCommerce – An excellent ecommerce website builder. BigCommerce helps you build your own ecommerce site quickly and effortlessly. There are plenty of themes and customization options available to help you get started quickly. One of the best things about BigCommerce is that they have a lot of features included in the platform. The features are free and quickly accessible. The interface is designed to take you through the entire online store creation.
- Magento – When compared to other ecommerce website builder options on this list, Magento requires more technical skills and knowledge. Also, there is no technical support which is a little bit challenging, especially if you need to update or change something. Magento gives you the power of full customization because it is an open-sourced platform. Like other platforms, there are both paid and free themes available and there are lots of great extensions to improve your website’s functionality.
- Wix – A user-friendly and no-coding website builder that can offer you lots of templates to get you started. It also has hundreds of plugins that can significantly improve the function of your website. The support team on this website is okay, however, it is not nearly as good as most other ecommerce platforms on this list.
Which ecommerce website builder is right for you? That is up to you to decide. Good luck!
If after reading our article you want to know how they do it in other countries the following article is for you.
Best Ecommerce Websites Builder Options in UK Compared
Now you can create a perfect website with the best ecommerce website builder options available on the market! Here are the best website builders in UK compared!
We can all agree that there is no need to hire an expensive developer, designer or a web design company to create a website for you. All you have to do is take advantage of the ecommerce website builder platforms and start your own web development project.
Website builders are tools that help you construct a website without a manual code adding and editing. We have prepared a detailed comparison chart to see how they compare and determine which website builder is perfect for you.
The 3 best ecommerce website builder options in UK are Wix, Jimdo, and GoDaddy.
- Wix – This is one of the most popular and widely used ecommerce website builders on the market. The prices start from £2.55/month. There are lots of templates and themes available (over 450). It is super easy to use, no technical or coding experience is required. They have a great customer support team, you can reach them via phone, email or forum. Wix powers over 70 million websites all over the world. There are no Newsletter Creator or Membership Creator, but there is a Mobile Editor. A free custom domain is included.
- Jimdo – Another great ecommerce website builder. The prices start from £4.69/month. There are both free and premium templates (over 100 different templates to choose from). The templates are responsive and mobile-friendly. The customer support team is here to help you out in case of a problem. You can reach the team via email, live chat or forum. Jimdo powers over 15 millions websites. There is a Newsletter Creator and Mobile Editor, however, there is no Membership Creator. A free custom domain is provided.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy is not only a popular domain name registrar but an ecommerce website builder as well. The prices start from £1/month. There are over 300 templates to choose from. The themes are not responsive. GoDaddy powers more than 2 million websites. Similar to Wix, there are no Newsletter Creator or Membership Creator and there is a Mobile Editor. You will receive a free custom domain.
In order for you to choose the best website builder, you have to first decide whether you are a designer, developer or simply a non-technical person. Have you already decided which you are?
Wix is the best choice for all non-technical or no-programming projects and it is a lot easier to use than open-source systems such as WordPress and Joomla. These two platforms are best for developers.
Wix is also the most widely-used online website building software. This platform can help you create a responsive and beautiful website in a matter of minutes – without having to be a professional developer or designer.
All these 3 website building platforms offer a free login, however, the secret is that they all have certain limitations. A free account will give you access to the most important features, however, you will have tiny web space, as well as, bandwidth for your web project. This will bother you and will become a problem, sooner or later.
Wix, Jimdo, and GoDaddy put the full power of HTML and CSS so you can have a complete control over your web development project and your designs. These builders are perfect for developing professional business websites according to your needs, budget, and specification.
Analyze, compare, and decide which of these ecommerce website builder platforms is the best choice for your UK-based business. Good luck!