Creating an ecommerce site and determining how you will approach your new ecommerce website design is not an easy process. As a matter of fact, it is a time-consuming process that will take you a lot of time and effort. Your new ecommerce website design is as essential as the items you want to sell. Believe it or not, a good design will help you maximize your conversion rates and help you accomplish the goals you have already set.
In order to help you, we have decided to share a few great principles of ecommerce website design that you should keep in mind while creating and designing your new ecommerce site.
- High-Quality Product Photography – A very important factor that will help you increase improve your ecommerce website design is high-quality and high-resolution product photography. We people are visualists and even though before it might have been okay to use photos with standard quality, today, that’s not the case. Today, high-quality photos are linked to reliability, professionality, and trustability.
- Minimalistic Design – An ecommerce website already has a lot of content for online visitors to see, read and process. The online visitors are faced with different products that have a lot of information and details such as product information, descriptions, and much more. If you add a complicated design on top of that, it will only make it harder for your visitors to process everything on your site. Our recommendation is to go with a minimalistic design.
- A Search Field Accessible at All Times – Something that boosts the user-friendly factor of your ecommerce site is having a search bar within reach at all times. By ensuring a clearly visible bar is close by, the visitors will feel like they can get whatever they want on your ecommerce site without searching through it. This is especially helpful to the visitors that already know what items they are interested in.
- Build Trust – Building trust is essential in order for your online sales funnel to work. Even though online shopping has been out there for a while, the people are still skeptical about it and they won’t buy items on every ecommerce site they come across. One of the things you could do to help build trust between you and your visitors is to ensure safe payment solutions, for instance, PayPal. By doing so, they will be confident that their shopping barrier will become smaller.
- User Reviews for Each Item – Another very important aspect that will identify how willing your visitors are to go over to buy your products is the product review. This is one of the first things online visitors look at when they are looking to buy a product, whether they have experience with the product or not.
- Clear and Short Calls to Action – If you go through different websites you will realize that there are different calls to action on all types of websites out there. It is highly recommendable for you to make calls to action as well, but make sure those calls are clear and short as this is the only way you can connect with your visitors.
- Easy Navigation – Having a menu that clearly and easily shows you around the various categories that your ecommerce site offers is really important. People want to navigate easily through a certain website and the various items that they offer and sell.
Creating your new ecommerce site can take a lot of effort and time, however, these helpful ecommerce websites design tips will make it simpler to know the priorities that will bring your next project to a positive end.
Pros & Cons of Custom Ecommerce Websites Design Every Online Journalist Should Know
So, you are interested in running your own online journalism website? That’s great. In order to design and launch an online store, you have two options to choose from – hosted and custom. The hosted websites are pretty easy to set up and use. All you need to do is choose an already made template and ecommerce shopping cart. But, if you decide to use this option, you need to keep in mind that you will have limitations when it comes to storefront and the design. The custom ecommerce websites, on the other side, offer more scalability and flexibility.
So, when selecting between two types of websites, you need to keep the ecommerce goals in mind. There are a few really important factors that need to be taken into consideration. Some of these factors are your budget, short- and long-term goals, traffic expectations, sales expectations, and the amount of time you want to keep the same website before designing a new one.
Unless you are a total beginner and you are completely new in the ecommerce world and you don’t have enough money to invest in a programmer, you should definitely consider a customized solution.
In this article, we are going to present the pros and cons of using custom ecommerce websites design:
- This type of website is owned only by you. There are other digital stores out there that utilize pre-made themes on a hosted site, but your new custom design will stand out from the competitors as it has been designed according to your needs and specifications. Also, it will be easier to modify because your business will probably evolve over time. The hosted templates are usually locked down in code which means it can’t be modified.
- There are absolutely no limitations on how you will set up your shopping cart and your overall online store. Working with marketing specialists and web developers, you can set up your website in a way it boots your return on investment.
- You can display the products you want on any page you like. You will be able to give your visitors and your potential customers a unique shopping experience.
- A pre-made website may not allow the type of user experience that you are looking for to provide to your visitors and potential customers.
- Another benefit of using custom ecommerce site is the mobile compatibility. You can set your store up so that it opens in absolutely any search browser and on any device with internet access.
- You will have a better branding potential, thanks to the SEO capabilities and the unique design. The custom ecommerce websites designs allow you to choose the keywords you want to optimize each web page for.
- When using custom ecommerce website, you need to keep in mind that more programming is involved, meaning the initial investment may overcome your budget.
- Even though they have a few downsides and limitations, there are a wide variety of templates and themes so if your business model is similar to other business models, a generic website is enough to meet your current needs.
Even if you launch your store with a pre-made theme, you can still have custom design later on, as your online business starts to grow. Now that you are familiar with the advantages and disadvantages it is up to you to decide. It is your choice! Make the right decision!
Read More Articles About E-commerce Platforms to Publish Articles
Statistics show that the best business names are catchy and have a story and a clear message behind them. If you have a great business
Ecommerce includes buying and selling products on the web! While your image of ecommerce might be – people shopping online, it is much broader. Ecommerce
Ready to build your first ecommerce site? Here are the best and most user-friendly ecommerce website builder options to keep in mind! Preparing to